Upside-down Banana Bread
Grab a friend and try to make this upside down banana cake 🍌
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil (120 mL)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- ½ cup butter (115 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, and cinnamon, mixing until evenly incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix until the batter has no large pockets of flour. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter, then mix in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Bring up the heat to medium-high, cooking until the mixture starts bubbling and the sugar has melted.
- Remove the caramel from heat and pour into a greased 9x9-inch (23x23 cm) baking pan.
- Lay the banana slices evenly on top of the caramel.
- Spread the banana bread batter on top.
- Bake 40-50 minutes.
- Cool until the bottom is barely warm and use a knife to loosen the edges from the pan.
- Place a plate upside-down on top of the pan, then invert the pan, flipping the banana bread onto the plate.
- Slice, then serve with vanilla ice cream.