Ice Cream in a Bag
Put the social in ice cream social: Get your pals (or the neighborhood kids!) together and take turns shaking up a sweet treat in just 5 minutes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
Base Ice Cream:
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups ice
- 8 tablespoons rock salt
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
- 1 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Chocolate Ice Cream:
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Strawberry Ice Cream:
- 1 tablespoons chopped strawberries (from about 2 strawberries)
For the base ice cream:
- Stir the milk, sugar and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Pour ½ cup of the mixture into a sandwich-size resealable plastic bag. Make vanilla ice cream or add in your desired flavors to make mint chocolate chip, chocolate or strawberry ice cream. Tightly seal the bag. Put that bag into another sandwich-size resealable plastic bag and tightly seal. Repeat with the remaining batter and desired flavors.
- Place the ice and the salt into a 4-quart food storage container with a lid. Put the filled bags into the container and secure the lid. Shake the container until the mixture is frozen and resembles ice cream, about 5 minutes. Remove the bags with the ice cream in it from the outer bag and snip a large piece off one corner of each bag. Pipe the ice cream into small bowls.
Watch the recipe video here:
Recipe of the Day: Ice Cream in a Bag 🍨🎉 Save the recipe: http://bit.ly/2Odtmcs.
Posted by Food Network on Friday, August 3, 2018