Instant Pot Butterfinger Cake
It’s a huge crowd-pleaser you’ll be asked for again and again.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 5 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz caramel ice cream topping (we like Smuckers Caramel Topping https://www.amazon.com/Smuckers-Caramel-Flavored-Topping-12-25/dp/B06VWCPY4H )
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars, chilled and finely crumbled
- Whipped cream or whipped topping and one additional Butterfinger for garnish
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, set aside.
- Mix cake according to package directions.
- Coat the inside of a 6 cup bundt pan with non-stick spray (our favorite is the Nordic Ware 6-Cup Bundt Pan: https://amzn.to/2RNympZ)
- Pour in the cake batter until ¾ full. You may have leftover batter.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the trivet. Carefully lower the bundt pan on to the trivet.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 28 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure. Carefully remove bundt pan from the pot and set on a cooling rack.
- While the cake is still hot, make 1½” deep holes across the surface of the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon or a straw. Pour 6 oz of the caramel/milk topping over the cake.
- When cake is completely cool, turn out onto a cake plate, drizzle with remaining caramel/milk topping and sprinkle with crushed Butterfinger.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional Butterfinger as desired.