Easy Key Lime Pie
Dessert doesn’t get easier, or more delicious, than a no-bake key lime pie. Requiring just a handful of ingredients, this easy pie is a great recipe for less experienced bakers—especially considering what a crowd-pleaser it is. Perfect for the hot summer months when you’d rather reduce your oven use, the luscious key lime filling sets up to creamy perfection with the help of Cool Whip. Though we provide instructions for a homemade graham cracker crust, you can make this key lime pie recipe all the easier (and skip the oven altogether) by opting for a pre-made, store-bought pie crust instead.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup (4 oz.) salted butter, melted, plus more for greasing dish
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (from 2 limes)
- 1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), divided
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl to combine. Press crumb mixture firmly into a lightly greased 9-inch pie. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Step 2
- Stir together milk, lime juice, and lime zest in a large bowl until fully combined. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Transfer mixture to cooled pie crust, and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Step 3
- Fill a piping bag with remaining 1 cup whipped cream, and pipe a border along edge of pie. Top with lime slices.
Watch the recipe video here:
Summer dessert doesn’t get easier, or more delicious than thisGET THE RECIPE: https://trib.al/4mK1h6a
Posted by MyRecipes on Tuesday, August 27, 2019