Ube + champorado = a delicious, colorful morning.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 cups (250 grams) malagkit rice, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup ube halaya
- 1 teaspoon ube coloring and flavoring (optional)
- ½ cup coconut cream, more to serve
- Evaporated milk, to serve
- Condensed milk, to serve
- Salt, to taste
- Pour rice and water in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer until rice is cooked, stirring regularly to avoid scorching and sticking. Add more water if necessary to achieve your desired consistency.
- Stir in ube halaya, flavoring, coconut cream, and a pinch of salt, to taste, once rice is tender. Cook, stirring, until heated through and ube is mixed in well.
- Ladle champorado into bowls. Top with a swirl each of evaporated milk or condensed milk to taste. Serve while hot.