Spinach, Feta and Egg Bubble-Up Bake
This egg casserole combines spinach, red bell pepper and salty feta cheese for a delicious new take on breakfast or brunch.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (5 oz) baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 10 eggs
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups crumbled feta cheese (6 oz)
- Sliced green onions or chopped chives, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 to 60 seconds or until fragrant. Gradually add spinach, and cook until just wilted. Remove skillet from heat.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each into 8 pieces, and place evenly in dish.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper with whisk until mixed well; stir in spinach mixture and cheese. Pour over biscuits in dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and biscuits are deep golden brown. Garnish with green onions.