Yields: 5 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
I love using spicy chicken sausage to give it a little kick, but if you want to make this mild for your family, simply swap it for sweet Italian.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Set aside.
- Add the oil, onions, roasted peppers, garlic and kosher salt and black pepper to the skillet and cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and return the sausage to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with the sauce and Pecorino cheese, cooking and stirring about 2 minutes on low to marry the flavors.
- Finish with chopped parsley and serve with more cheese on the side, if desired.
Watch the recipe video here: