For flapjacks that are extra fluffy try separating the egg whites from the yolks in the style of a souffle.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup wheat flour
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 2¾ tablespoons milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Oil, for pan
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Mixed berries
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then add granulated sugar and continue to beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining batter ingredients. Fold one-third of the meringue into the batter at a time.
- Oil a frying pan over low heat, then cook about 1 cup of the batter at a time. Cook for 6 minutes, then flip it over when slightly browned.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite fruits and toppings.
Watch the recipe video here:
These flapjacks are anything but flat. Add some fluff to your stuff! Full Recipe: taste.md/2AGWzsX🎥: Tastemade Japan
Posted by Tastemade on Wednesday, November 29, 2017