Salsa Verde Queso
You can never have enough queso recipes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. salsa verde
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pickled jalapeños, for garish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a small skillet (or small saucepan) over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in salsa verde and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add cream cheese, breaking up block with a wooden spoon, and cook until melted. Add Monterey jack, mozzarella, sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and cook until cheeses have melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if using. Garnish with more chopped cilantro and pickled jalapeños. Serve warm with tortilla chips, for dipping.