Tear and Share Boursin Picnic Swirl Buns
Did you know that swirl buns are just as delicious savoury as they are sweet? These bundles of Boursin, spinach, and prosciutto are ideal as a snack, starter or as the centerpiece of a decadent picnic. Be sure to make enough for everyone – they are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tsp Oil
- 250g Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp Salt
- 500g Soft Bread Dough
- 300g Boursin Garlic and Herbs
- 16 Slices Prosciutto
- Chopped Parsley for Garnish
- Plain Flour
- 75g Melted Butter
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
- Heat a saute pan with oil over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook through until completely wilted. Remove, drain and leave to cool.
- Dust a surface with plain flour. Roll out dough to about ½” thickness in an even rectangle.
- Stir your Boursin Garlic and Herbs in a bowl to soften it slightly. Spread it over the surface of your dough evenly. Layer with sliced ham and your cooked, drained spinach.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into 9 2” thick strips, roll each strip into swirls.
- Arrange into a greased deep baking dish. Cover with cling film and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 180ºC/350ºF oven for 30 minutes until golden brown and risen.
- Combine your butter, garlic, and parsley and brush liberally over the surface. Leave to cool.