- 6 large russet potatoes
- 3 cups (300 g) cheddar cheese
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (100 g) green onion
- 12 slices bacon
- sour cream
- green onion
- Preheat the grill to 400˚F/200˚C.
- Thoroughly scrub the potatoes until they are clean and poke a few holes around the potato to vent.
- Wrap in aluminium foil and place on the grill to cook for 20 minutes over direct heat.
- In the meantime, mix half of the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and green onions until well-combined. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill and let them rest until they are cool enough to handle.
- Unwrap the potato and cut off the ends so that it will stand up.
- Using a melon baller or a spoon, carve out the center of the potato, being careful not to make the walls too thin, and to leave a bit of thickness at the bottom as well.
- Fill the potato with the cheese mixture and wrap 2 slices of bacon around the potato. Secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary.
- Lower the grill temperature to about 350˚F/175˚C and place potatoes over indirect heat on the grill for 30 minutes with the lid closed.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and some green onions.
Watch the recipe video here:
It's a cheesy POTATO VOLCANO! 🔥FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/grilled-potato-volcanoesCheck out our BRAND NEW kitchenware line right here: http://bit.ly/2qMKon1 – We may make some $$ if you buy!
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, April 19, 2018