Yields: 16 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr 15 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Mins
Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread is moist and delicious, made with ripe bananas and roasted strawberries, which brings out the sweetness of the berries.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
- Place the strawberries on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined, do not over mix.
- Fold in strawberries and pour batter into the prepared loaf pans; bake in the center rack for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.