Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, garlic and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken and marinade and allow to sear for 2-3 minutes or until golden on the first side. Then flip and stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until evenly coloured.
- Add in the mushrooms and stir-fry for another couple of minutes. Then stir through the sour cream and gochujang. Turn the heat to low and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Stir through the cornflour mixture and simmer for another half a minute or until thickened. Then stir through the spring onions. Remove from heat and divide the mixture among 1 cup capacity ramekins (or use one large 4 cup capacity baking dish). Place in the fridge until completely cooled.
- Cut into squares or rounds large enough to cover the pie filling in your ramekins. Drape the pastry over the top of the filling. Brush the tops with the egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place the pies onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry tops are golden. Serve warm.
Watch the recipe video here: