Roasted Peppers with Parm Breadcrumbs
Basically just an excuse to eat breadcrumbs by the handful, TBH. Great hot and at room temperature, these make a great, low-stress addition to an antipasti meat and cheese plate.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 bell peppers, any color
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 tsp. Aleppo-style or other mild red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place 3 bell peppers upright on a cutting board. Working around stems and avoiding the seedy center, slice straight downward to remove 4 lobes from each pepper.
- Arrange pepper lobes skin sides down on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with ½ tsp. salt.
- Gently mix 1 cup panko, ½ cup Parmesan, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 2 Tbsp. oil, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt with your hands in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingertips, pat about 2 Tbsp. breadcrumb mixture into each piece of pepper. Drizzle peppers with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Bake peppers until bottoms are deeply browned and breadcrumbs are golden, 18–22 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, slice 1 lemon into wedges and set aside. Pick leaves from 4 parsley sprigs and coarsely chop.
- Transfer peppers to a platter. Top with red pepper and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges alongside.
Watch the recipe video here:
Basically just an excuse to eat breadcrumbs by the handful, TBH.Make it: http://bonap.it/yNiBF7p