Spicy Slow Cooker Chili
Espresso Chili?! Add a shot of Dunkin's new hand crafted espresso to your next chili dish for a major flavor boost. You’ll have to sip to believe!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4½ cups canned tomatoes
- 2 shots Dunkin’ Espresso
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooked rice
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Set slow cooker to high.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until browned, drain, and set aside.
- In separate bowl, blend seasonings: chili powder, parsley, garlic salt, cayenne pepper powder, cocoa powder, and black pepper.
- Add olive oil to pan over medium heat and add onions, red pepper, and green pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- Add onions, red pepper, and green pepper to slow cooker.
- Add dark red kidney beans to slow cooker.
- Add cooked beef and Dunkin’ Espresso to slow cooker.
- Add seasoning blend to slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook 4–6 hours.
- Serve a scoop of chili over rice, topped with cheddar cheese.