Would you make this loaded cheeseburger for a night in? ? ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 5 strips bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon, and cook until crispy. Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- In a bowl, add the bacon, cream cheese, green onions, and shredded cheddar. Mix well.
- Divide the ground beef into four even portions and shape into balls. Form a well into the center of each, large enough for the cheese mixture.
- Place a quarter of the cheese mixture into the center of each ball, and enclose inside the ground beef. Gently press each ball into a patty shape, and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side.
- Flip the burgers, and cook for 2 minutes. Add a slice of cheese on each burger and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until the burger is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove burgers from pan, and place on top a toasted burger bun. Top with condiments of your choice.