Bacon Weave Honey Mustard Chicken Roll
Honey & mustard, Sid & Nancy, Bonnie & Clyde, peanut butter & jelly... history is peppered with famous unlikely pairs. Is this chickeny log the finest example of culinary synthesis the world has ever seen? We think so. Replete with some lovely onions and served with some sexy crispy fries this would be a glorious dinner for a few lucky pals.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 200ml honey
- 200ml wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 chicken breasts
- 3 onions, sliced and caramelised
- 2 packs streaky bacon
- 250ml double cream
- Whisk together the honey, mustard, water, garlic and season to taste.
- Bash the chicken breasts between two sheets of greaseproof paper until thin.
- Lay them in an overlapping square on another sheet of greaseproof. Divide the honey mustard sauce in two and use one half to paint the chicken breasts. Scatter with onions and use the paper to roll the whole thing into a tight bundle.
- Weave the bacon into a square mat. Place the chicken at one end and roll the whole thing up tightly. Brush with more of the honey mustard mix.
- Bake at 180°C for around an hour until sticky and cooked through.
- While it's roasting, heat the other half of the honey mustard glaze with the cream and simmer until thick.
- Serve the log in slices slathered in the delicious cream. Fries optional.