Reese's Stuffed Rice Krispies Treats
It's not that traditional rice krispies aren't good — they're just a little boring and safe. These are the opposite. They're over-the-top and surprising in a way that everyone, including krispies treats purists, will love.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 (10-oz.) bag marshmallows
- ½ c. smooth peanut butter
- Pinch kosher salt
- 6 c. Rice Krispies Cereal
- 12 Reese's cups
- ¼ c. melted peanut butter, for garnish
- ¼ c. melted chocolate, for garnish
- Line a 9”-x-13” pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows, peanut butter, and salt and stir until mixture is melted. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add Rice Krispies and stir with a rubber spatula until combined. Working quickly, press half of mixture into an even layer in pan, then top with a layer of Reese’s. Press remaining mixture over Reese’s.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and peanut butter, then refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Slice into squares and serve.