Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
The least basic grilled chicken has ever looked.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Mai dish
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning or oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 3 Walmart Fresh slicing tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped basil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine oil, half the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning or oregano and whisk to combine. Transfer to a large re-sealable bag along with chicken; seal and chill, 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a preheated grill and discard excess marinade. Grill chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, garlic, chopped basil, and remaining lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. While chicken is still on grill, top each breast with 1 slice mozzarella and cover grill until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Top chicken with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and serve.