CHICKEN MARSALA MEATBALLS
These Chicken Marsala Meatballs are a fun twist in the classic dish! Great served over butternut squash or egg noodles.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms, divided
- 1 pound 93% lean ground chicken
- ⅓ cup whole wheat seasoned or gluten-free bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- ⅓ cup Marsala wine
- ¾ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Finely chop half of the Cremini mushrooms and transfer to a medium bowl with the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, Pecorino, egg, 1 clove of the minced garlic, parsley, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Gently shape into 25 small meatballs, bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour with the Marsala wine and broth.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the butter, garlic and shallots and cook until soft and golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, season with ⅛ teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Return the meatballs to the pot, pour the Marsala wine mixture over the meatballs, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Watch the recipe video here:
These Chicken Marsala Meatballs are a fun twist in the classic dish! Great served over butternut squash or egg noodles….
Posted by Skinnytaste on Wednesday, September 4, 2019