French-style Lemon Tart
French-style Lemon Tart recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar (150 g)
- 1 cup lemon juice (200 mL)
- 2 lemon zests
- ¾ cup butter (170 g)
- 1 pre-baked tart shell
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare the lemon curd by whisking the egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest over a bain marie (a large bowl placed over a pan of simmering hot water).
- Once combined, mix in the butter and whisk the mixture for about 10 minutes, until thick.
- Pour into a pre-baked tart shell.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Whilst the tart is baking, prepare the raspberry chantilly by whipping the raspberries, sugar, vanilla extract and cream together.
- Leave the tart to cool before dusting with icing sugar.
- Serve with the raspberry chantilly, fresh raspberries and mint for garnish.