Philly French Dip Sliders
PHILLY FRENCH DIP SLIDERS
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1kg thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 2 green peppers, diced small
- 1 large white onion, diced small
- 150g white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ltr beef stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12 slider buns
- 24 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Heat a little oil in a deep sided frying pan with a lid and brown the steak all over, then remove from the pan with a pair of tongs.
- Add the onions and peppers and fry until soft, then add the mushrooms and keep cooking until a little of their moisture has evaporated. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Pop the beef back in and add the flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beef stock and the Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid and cook until the beef is soft and the gravy nice and thick, around an hour.
- Arrange the bottom halves of all the slider rolls on a tray and top with cheese, then use a slotted spoon to add the beef mixture, followed by more cheese. Top with the top of the rolls and spoon gravy all over them.
- Bake for around 10 - 15 minutes until they are cooked through and the cheese has melted.
Watch the recipe video here:
Cheesesteak French Dip Sliders
Posted by Twisted on Thursday, December 21, 2017