Frozen Strawberry Icebox Cake
You'll find this frozen strawberry pie somewhere between a cheesecake and ice cream cake.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
- 2⅔ cups cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1¼ cups fresh thick cream
- 10½ ounces white chocolate, melted
- 11 ounces strawberry jam
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, whole
- 3½ ounces ladyfinger cookies
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar and heavy cream. Using a mixer, blend for 3 minutes. Add the melted white chocolate and mix with a spatula. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix half of the strawberry jam with the chopped strawberries. Set aside.
- In a rectangular baking dish covered with plastic wrap, spread out some of the cream cheese mixture. Spread most of the the strawberries and jam mixture in the middle and cover with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the ladyfinger cookies and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Remove from the baking dish and cover with the rest of the strawberry jam. Garnish with whole strawberries.