Omelette Grilled Cheese
The next evolution in breakfast sandwiches is finally here - and it's simply beautiful!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅛ cup green onion
- ¼ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 slices colby jack cheese
- In a mixing bowl, add beaten eggs, peppers, cheese, green onion, bacon, spinach, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Cut out the center of the bread slices, leaving only the crust.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick pan. Place bread slices in pan and fill each piece with egg mixture. Cook about 3 minutes and flip. Cook an additional 3 minutes. Add cheese to 1 slice of bread. Top with remaining slice and place a lid over the pan to melt cheese. Remove from heat and serve.