Marshmallow in the Middle Cupcakes Are the Ultimate Surprise Treat
Who doesn't love cupcakes? What if I told you there's something even better than cupcakes? Introducing Marshmallow in the Middle Cupcakes. You heard right - there's a marshmallow in the middle! For a treat that your friends and family won't be able to resist, bake up a batch (or two) of these! These cupcakes are the ultimate surprise - just wait until everyone discovers the gooey middle! It's so easy to whip these up from a boxed cake mix, pop a marshmallow or two in the middle, ice and eat!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 24 regular marshmallows, divided
- Chocolate frosting
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions on the box. Add vanilla to batter and mix.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway with batter, then add a marshmallow to the center. Bake cupcakes according to directions on the box.
- Once cupcakes are done in the oven, add another marshmallow to the center of each, then pop them back into the oven for about 2 minutes, or until marshmallows have melted and filled the middle.
- Gently remove cupcakes from the pan, then place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, frost them with chocolate frosting, and serve!