Lemon Cheesecake Souffles
[Insert overused "when life hands you lemons" phrase here.]
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 lemons
- 1½ cups lemon juice
- ¾ cup water, chilled
- 1½ tablespoons gelatin
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups heavy cream, chilled
- Blueberries, to garnish
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Using a melon baller and a paring knife, hollow out the lemons, reserving the insides in a large bowl.
- Cut a small piece off the bottom of each hollowed lemon to allow it to sit flat, and place the lemons on a sheet tray.
- Pour the reserved lemon slices and pith into a mesh strainer placed over a medium bowl. Press gently with a spatula to press the juice out of the lemon pieces.
- To the lemon juice, add the chilled water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Allow to sit for a few minutes then transfer the mixture to a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add the sugar and salt and cook over medium-low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream until it reaches soft peaks. Add the lemon juice mixture and use a hand mixer to combine. Transfer filling to a pastry bag, and pipe some into each hollowed out lemon.
- Garnish with blueberries and mint, and enjoy.
Watch the recipe video here:
[Insert overused "when life hands you lemons" phrase here]Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2qDFyck
Posted by Tastemade on Tuesday, April 17, 2018