Surprise Rainbow Cake Pops
https://www.facebook.com/tastemade/videos/1733977159991357/ aOf course the rainbow tastes like cake covered in white chocolate. That's science.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Rainbow food coloring
Cake pop filling & coating:
- 100 grams white chocolate chips
- 65 grams whipping cream
- 300 grams white chocolate chips
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake the cake:
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, egg, and salt, and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add this to the wet mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the milk.
- Divide the batter into 6 bowls and dye it the colors of the rainbow. Pour the batter into a cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners, making sure to not mix the colors.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
Build the cake pops:
- Weigh 60 grams of each color of cake and crumble them into individual bowls.
- Pour 100 grams white chocolate chips and whipping cream into a small pot and set to medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate has melted, then divide evenly between the cake. Stir until the cake is fully coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on your cooking surface and stack small disks of each color of cake on top of each other in the order of the rainbow.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the cake and shape into a ball. Remove the plastic wrap and place the cake pops on a plate lined with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer until firm (about 20 minutes).
- Dip the lollipop sticks into some melted white chocolate and stick one into each cake pop. Return the cake pops to the freezer for the chocolate to set (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Dunk the cake pops into the melted chocolate, gently tapping the lollipop stick to remove any excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles onto the top of the cake pops, then stick into a cake pop holder. Transfer to the fridge so the chocolate coating can fully set (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Bite into the cake pops to reveal a beautiful rainbow center!
Watch the recipe video here:
You too can fit an entire rainbow in your mouth.Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2dD6pwo
Posted by Tastemade on Thursday, July 12, 2018