Caramel Rose Apple Pie
This caramel rose apple pie is mesmerizingly beautiful ?!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 apple
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pie dough
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190°C).
- Peel the apples and cut in quarters. Soak the apples in lemon water to prevent the apples from browning. Slice the apples into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle sugar and spice mixture over sliced apples and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Line a pie dough in a cast iron pan, and prick the dough with a fork all around. Chill.
- Drain the apples, squeezing them with your hands to remove the excess moisture. Reserve the liquid to make caramel sauce.
- Line the apple slices in the cast iron pan by overlapping each slice to make look like a rose. For the center, roll up one apple slice tightly and place it in the center of the tart, creating a rose bud shape.
- Cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, bring the leftover liquid from apple to a boil. Once the liquid is reduced by half, add the heavy cream and stir well.
- Pour caramel sauce over to the apple pie.