Cookies and Cream Whoopie Pies
Looking for sandwich cookies? Then check out these cookies made using Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix – a wonderful dessert treat!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- ⅓ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container)
- ½cup marshmallow creme
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, cocoa and flour. Add sour cream, butter, vanilla and egg; stir until stiff dough forms.
- Shape dough into 28 (1¼-inch) balls. Roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press each ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir filling ingredients until well mixed. To make each whoopie pie, spread about 2 teaspoons filling on bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; gently press cookies together. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.