Instant Pot Homemade Brownies
A chocoholic’s dream come true!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet or milk chocolate)
- 1½ cups water
- Ice cream for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until uniform. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until well-combined and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Coat a 7” x 3” pan with non-stick spray. Spread batter evenly in pan and cover loosely with foil–do not seal.
- Pour 1½ cups water into the Instant Pot, followed by the steam rack.
- Carefully lower the pan onto the steam rack, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 45 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the pan from the pot and cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm with ice cream