How genius is this method?! You can fill these "ravioli" with all sorts of things, from fruit fillings to peanut butter and chocolate. We chose Nutella because we're obsessed with it.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (14-oz.) package refrigerated pie dough
- FOR FILLING
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. Nutella
- ¼ c. chocolate chips, melted
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp. water)
- Ice cube tray
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon-sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, Nutella, melted chocolate, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Flour a clean surface and roll pie dough until it's very thin (about 2 cm!). Drape pie dough over ice cube tray. Use the knuckle of your pointer finger to press the dough into the indents in the ice tray. Spoon Nutella mixture into each well of the ice cube tray, then trim the overhanging edges of the pie dough. Brush any exposed pie dough on the ice tray with egg wash.
- Roll out excess pie dough then place on top. Use a rolling pin to seal the two pie dough layers and trim any excess with a paring knife. Turn out onto a cutting board and cut in between each "ravioli" to separate.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2" apart, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, and serve.