Kahlúa White Russian
Wow your friends and family with this classic combo this holiday season.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 ounce Kahlúa
- 1 ounce Absolut Vodka
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup (equal parts light and dark)
- 1 cup coffee
- ½ cup whole coffee beans, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Flaky sea salt
- Fill a rocks glass with ice cubes.
- Add Kahlúa and vodka.
- Finish with the cream by pouring it over a spoon.
- Grease a large cookie sheet covered in parchment.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and coffee. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and cook until the thermometer reaches 260ºF, continuing to stir. When temperature reaches 260ºF, stir in ¼ cup coffee beans. Keep cooking until mixture reaches 300ºF, then take pan off the heat.
- Immediately add the butter, baking soda, vanilla and heavy cream. Stir well and quickly pour onto the cookie sheet and spread thinly using a spatula. Sprinkle the brittle with the remaining ¼ cup of coffee beans and a few large pinches of flaky sea salt.
- Allow brittle to harden. Once the candy is set, break the brittle into pieces.
Watch the recipe video here:
Kahlúa White RussianWow your friends and family with this classic combo this holiday season! See more recipes here: khlua.us/drinks
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, December 28, 2017