Irish Coffee Cupcakes
Let me help you celebrate with these yummy Irish Coffee Cupcakes! They are just the right amount of sweetness to go with that lovely Guinness beer. Can’t you just taste it now? Perfectly moist cupcakes…whiskey whipped frosting…mmmm good… It’s all over once the espresso powder hits the lips. Everyone will love you for combining their favorite adult beverage into an amazing dessert that you won’t forget!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 CUPS All-Purpose flour
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- ¼ TSP Baking Soda
- ¼ TSP Salt
- ½ CUP Boiling Water
- 2 TBSP Instant-Espresso Powder
- ¼ CUP Whole Milk
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- ½ CUP Granulated Sugar
- ½ CUP Packed Light-Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 CUP Heavy Cream
- 1 TBSP Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 TBSP Whiskey
- Instant-Espresso Powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour water over espresso powder; let cool.
- Combine espresso with milk.
- Beat butter and granulated and brown sugars with a mixer on medium 6speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with espresso-milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour (batter may look broken).
- Fill 15 cups (of two 12-cup muffin tins) three-quarters full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- Turn out cupcakes from tins.
- Whisk together cream and confectioners’ sugar until medium peaks form. Add whiskey; whisk until slightly stiff peaks form.
- Top each cupcake with 2 tablespoons frosting.
- Dust with espresso powder and sprinkles.
Watch the recipe video here:
Irish Coffee CupcakesFULL RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/irish-coffee-cupcakes/