2-Layer Tres Leches Cake
2-Layer Tres Leches Cake recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (220 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar (250 g)
- ¼ cup whole milk (60 mL)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ½ cup evaporated milk (120 mL)
- ½ cup coconut milk (120 mL)
- 14 oz condensed milk, 1 can (395 g)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (480 mL)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 g)
- assorted berries, for serving, optional
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together with an electric mixer until light, fluffy, and nearly doubled in size, 6-8 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture until just combined (some streaks of flour are okay).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, then gently fold into the batter, mixing just to blend.
- Spray 2 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake until the cakes are golden brown around the edges and spring back slightly when pressed in the center, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the cakes are baking, combine the evaporated milk, coconut milk and condensed milk in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Once the cakes are done, immediately remove the cakes from the pans and invert them onto a wire rack or baking sheet. Cool for 2 minutes. Then, poke the cakes all over with a fork.
- Return the cakes to the pans. Drizzle the condensed milk mixture over the cakes, letting it soak in. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully transfer one of the cakes to a cake stand.
- Spread a layer of the whipped cream over the cake. Place the other cake on top and spread with the remaining whipped cream.
- Decorate with berries, if desired.
- Slice and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
Double the layers, double the delicious! 😋 Full Recipe: https://tasty.co/recipe/2-layer-tres-leches-cake
Posted by Tasty on Sunday, September 16, 2018