Radishes in Browned Butter and Lemon
The peppery flavor of radishes shine in this simple recipe for Radishes in Browned Butter and Lemon.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cups radishes, halved lengthwise, with root and 1-inch stem left on
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup torn radish leaves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add radishes to pan; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add radishes to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until butter is browned and fragrant. Add rind, juice, and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; stir in radish leaves and pepper.