- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup (65 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 mL) milk
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk the yolks and sugar until pale in color.
- Add cornstarch and whisk well. Add the vanilla extract and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove plastic and stir.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry into three equal-sized rectangles.
- Pierce each piece of puff pastry with a fork.
- Heat a nonstick pan over low heat. Place the puff pastry in the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip the puff pastry sheets, and place a lid on the top of the pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar on sheet of puff pastry. Flip the pastry over so that the sugared side is on the bottom.
- Bring the heat up to high. Place a piece of parchment paper over the puff pastry and weigh it down with another pan. Once the surface is caramelized, about 1-2 minutes, remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.
- Place the custard in a piping bag fitting with an large round tip.
- Pipe the custard on one sheet of puff pastry. Top with a layer of sliced strawberries, then pipe another row of custard. Top with another sheet of puff pastry, custard, sliced strawberries, custard, and the remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar.
Watch the recipe video here:
Probably the most beautiful thing you'll see all day 🍰!FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/layered-strawberry-cream-puff-cake-mille-feuilleDo you want to shop our kitchen essentials? CLICK HERE: http://bit.ly/2DK0iYo – We may make some $$ if you buy!
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, January 25, 2018