Instant Pot Elvis-Style Steel Cut Oatmeal
This creamy confection would make The King proud.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups steel-cut oats
- 4½ cups water
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Cinnamon, for serving
- Half and half or cream, for serving (optional)
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter melts, add the oats and saute, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Add the water and salt and stir to combine, ensuring all oats are submerged.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Stir the oatmeal to incorporate remaining liquid, then stir in brown sugar and peanut butter until combined.
- Serve hot topped with bananas, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of half and half or cream (optional).