Instant Pot Mustard Beer Braised Beef
A gorgeous hunk of roast beef cooked perfectly tender.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 lbs well-marbled beef chuck or rump roast
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1½ tsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup stout beer (like Guiness)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function and adjust to MORE or HIGH.
- When oil gets hot, add onion, carrot and celery to the pot and saute until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add mustard powder, tomato paste and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add stout beer and thyme to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Nestle the beef into the vegetable mixture.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 40 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil.
- Discard thyme sprigs. Use a fat separator or spoon to skim fat from vegetable mixture.
- Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to process vegetable mixture until smooth, then stir in whole grain mustard. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve sliced beef roast topped with mustard sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
A gorgeous hunk of roast beef cooked perfectly tender.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-mustard-beer-braised-beef/
Posted by Chop Secrets on Monday, April 8, 2019