Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef
I don’t know about you guys, but every Sunday my mom would make a mean roast. It was something I looked forward to every week. The juicy, tender beef, with the soft, flavorful carrots and potatoes…doesn’t get much better than this! This recipe, in particular, is a little different with the balsamic, but so so good!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 3 pounds Chuck
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 CUP Beef broth
- ½ CUP Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound Baby carrots
- 1 pound Mini potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the beef and brown on all sides and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes, before adding the garlic and red pepper flakes and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Place the beef, onions, broth, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, carrots and potatoes in a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours.
- Remove the carrots, potatoes and beef and slice the beef.
- Skim any fat from the cooking juices, place it in a sauce pan, bring to a simmer, add the mixture of the cornstarch and water and cook until the glaze has thickened a bit
- Poor over prepared plate.