Instant Pot Asiago Shrimp Risotto
Oh, and did we mention this is a one-pot meal?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 cups + 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, thawed, peeled, deveined
- ¾ cup asiago cheese, grated
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon (or 2 tsp dried tarragon)
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter is melted, add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Add wine and quickly deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot, then add 3 cups chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure. Select CANCEL to turn the pot off, then select the SAUTE function.
- Stir in the shrimp and the remaining 1 cup of broth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque, 3-5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted, then fold in herbs. Serve immediately.