Christmas Sugar Cookie Pie
Christmas’ signature cookie goes big time in this pie, made easy with Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix and whatever festive candies you have on hand.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup red, green and white candy sprinkles
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Assorted holiday candies
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom only of 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, ½ cup softened butter and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in candy sprinkles. Press dough in bottom of pie plate.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden brown. If needed, cover edges of cookie with foil to keep from overbrowning. Cool completely, about 1½ hours.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons softened butter, the vanilla and 3 teaspoons of the milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add additional milk to make frosting easy to spread.
- Spread frosting over cookie pie. Decorate top of frosted cookie as desired with assorted holiday candies. To serve, cut into wedges.