Giant Grilled Cheese
The ultimate party food.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 11 oz. tubes refrigerated french bread dough
- ½ lb. bacon
- 4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Tomato soup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Place bread dough into the bottom of the pan and pinch all ends together to form a single ring. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain slices on paper towels.
- Slice baked bread in half. On a large baking sheet, place one half cut side-down and the other cut side-up. Top the cut side-up bottom half with cheese and bacon. Brush the other half with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic, Parmesan and parsley.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Place the garlicky half of the bread on top of the melted cheese and bacon. Slice into wedges and serve warm with a bowl of warm tomato soup in the middle for dunking.