Sausage Cornbread Stuffing-Filled Squash
Cook this sausage-and-cornbread-stuffed squash, get a Jimmy Dean gift to enjoy while you nosh!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 acorn squash, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- Olive oil
- 1 package Jimmy Dean All Natural or Sage Pork Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) cornbread mix, baked according to package instructions, cooled, and
- broken into 2-inch pieces (2 cups of baked cornbread)
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place squash cut-side up on a baking sheet. Rub squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Cool. Scoop out centers, leaving ¼-inch shell. Chop squash.
- Cook sausage, onion, celery, thyme, and sage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 8–10 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring frequently. Transfer to a large bowl. Add in cornbread, squash, salt, pepper, and parsley, mixing lightly until combined.
- Scoop stuffing mixture into squash bowls. Bake in oven for 5–10 minutes, until hot. Garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
Watch the recipe video here:
Sausage Cornbread Stuffing-Filled SquashCook this sausage-and-cornbread-stuffed squash, get a Jimmy Dean gift to enjoy while you nosh! Get Started: https://bzfd.it/2DGe4Lo