Tandoori Chicken Naan Kebabs
A delicious oven-baked Tandoori Chicken dinner, ready in 20 mins!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- • 120 grams sachet Patak’s Oven Bake Tandoori marinade
- • 400 grams boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- • 2 red peppers, chopped into bite sized chunks
- • 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- • 15 grams fresh coriander, chopped (save some leaves for garnish)
- • 10 grams fresh mint, chopped
- • 400 grams plain yoghur
- t• ½ cucumber, peeled & grated
- • ½ teaspoon ground cuminKachumber
- •½ cucumber, deseeded and fine diced
- •6 tomatoes, deseeded and fine diced
- •1 onion, finely diced
- •Juice of 1 lemon
- •1 green chilli, deseed and fine diced
- •10 grams, mint
- •¼ teaspoon cumin
- •4 Patak’s naan bread
- Preheat the oven to 425 ̊F (220 ̊C). Line a baking tray with foil.
- Add the peppers, onions and all the chicken into a bowl with the contentsof the Patak’s Oven Bake Tandoori marinade. Mix thoroughly until coated evenly.
- Slide a piece of pepper down the skewer, then an onion then a piece of chicken -alternating until there is a 1-inch gap on the top and bottom of the skewer. Repeatwith the remaining peppers, onion, chicken, and skewers.
- Arrange the skewers so their ends rest on the edges of a baking tray, allowing thechicken to be suspended. Cook the chicken skewers for 18-20 minutes, until cookedthrough.
- For the riata; place the yoghurt, grated cucumber, mint, coriander, and cumin in a bowl and stir until fully combined. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- For the Kachumber place the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, green chilli, mint and cumin in a bowl. Stir until fully combined.
- When the chicken kebabs have 5 minutes left, place the Patak’s naan bread into theoven (follow instructions on package).
- To serve; place a chicken skewer in the center of a warm naan bread, drizzle with theriata and serve alongside a helping of kachumber. Garnish with remaining fresh corianderleaves