Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies
The perfect recipe when you're in urgent need of a little chocolate! ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, softened (115 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (190 g)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (175 g)
- 6 chocolate truffles
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, vanilla, canola oil, sugar, and salt and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the cornstarch, flour, and chocolate chips. Using a spatula, mix well until fully combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic and chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes to overnight
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Divide the cookie dough into 12 portions. Take one and line the base and sides of a cup. Repeat with the remaining cups.
- Fill each cookie cup with a chocolate truffle.
- Take another portion of cookie dough, flatten with your fingers to create a 2-inch (5-cm) circle. Place the circle over the top of the filling, and press down the edges to make sure it seals to the other dough. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven until cool to the touch, for 5 minutes.