Deviled Potatoes > Deviled Eggs
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 8 red-skinned potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Smoked paprika, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the potatoes and oil to a resealable bag and season with salt and pepper; shake the bag to thoroughly coat the potatoes. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until easily pierced with a paring knife, 15 to 20 minutes; cool.
- Cut the potatoes in half so the biggest surface area is exposed. Remove all of the flesh from 4 of the potato halves with a ¼-teaspoon measuring spoon or melon baller. Put the potato flesh in a medium bowl and discard the skins. Use the spoon to scoop out most of the potato flesh from the remaining 12 potato halves, leaving about ¼ inch of flesh on the skins so the "shells" firmly hold their shape. Transfer the potato flesh to the medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, dill and cayenne to the bowl and mash with a potato masher until well mixed and fairly smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells. Dust lightly with smoked paprika and garnish with dill. Serve at room temperature.
Watch the recipe video here:
Deviled Potatoes > Deviled EggsWatch Trisha Yearwood's #SouthernKitchen this Saturday at 10:30a|9:30c!
Posted by Food Network on Thursday, October 4, 2018