Fried Peanut Butter And Jelly
How do you make a classic like peanut butter and jelly even more epic? By adding chocolate chips and frying it all up! Give it a try.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 loaf white bread
- Approximately ¾ cup peanut butter (more or less, depending on your preference)
- Approximately ¾ cup favorite jam (more or less, depending on your preference)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cut the bread into 6, thick slice. Spread peanut butter evenly on 3 pieces, and jam evenly on the other three. Cover one piece with chocolate chips and put sandwich together.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, vanilla, salt and milk until combined.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. While butter is melting, dip sandwiches in egg mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Once butter is hot and melted, fry sandwiches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until everything is fried and golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve and enjoy!