Crab and Cherry Tomato Fettuccini
Because Sunday = pasta night. Crab and Cherry Tomato Fettuccini ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fettuccini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Two 14-ounce cans cherry or baby Roma tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat, picked through for shells
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Torn basil leaves, for garnish, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain well, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, shallots, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until fragrant but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the skillet with the white wine, then bring to a boil and cook until almost entirely evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and oregano; bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crabmeat and butter, stirring until the butter is emulsified. Add the pasta and ½ cup pasta water, and sprinkle the plain pasta with the Parmesan before stirring. Using two spoons, toss well to coat.
- Continue cooking until the pasta is al dente, adding additional pasta water as needed, 2 more minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with additional Parmesan and torn basil, if desired.