Beef Stroganoff French Bread Toast
Why serve beef stroganoff with a side of French bread when it's so much tastier served inside the French bread?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
For the stroganoff:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ cups beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For the toasts:
- 1 loaf French bread, insides hollowed out
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make the stroganoff: In a large Dutch oven or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms with one teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add thyme. Cook mushrooms until golden, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter, onions and garlic to the pan and saute 2 minutes. Cook ground beef over medium heat until brown, approximately 4 minutes. Add flour and paprika to coat evenly. Add beef broth, sour cream and mustard. Mix thoroughly and add mushrooms back in.
- Fill the hollowed out loaf with stroganoff and top with mozzarella cheese. Place on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is golden and melted. Top with parsley, slice and serve immediately.