Pineapple Roasted Chicken
Beer can chicken is so last year. Introducing... pineapple roasted chicken!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 (2½ to 3 pound) free range chicken
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- In a saucepan, add marinade ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes until it starts to thicken. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the pineapple and place it upright in a baking tray. Position the chicken on the pineapple then brush it with marinade.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then baste with leftover marinade. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and cook for another 45 minutes, basting with marinade occasionally.
- When the cooking time is up, turn oven off and leave the door ajar for 10 minutes to let the chicken rest before serving.